Promethean’s new Whiteboard App is designed specifically for education and is simple for teachers to begin using the new App instantly with little to no training. 

Interaction with the new Whiteboard App is designed to be both natural and intelligent. The Whiteboard App automatically detects the differences between the touch of a pen or a finger, and it allows teachers and students to erase naturally with the palm of a hand or block eraser. Similar to a smartphone or tablet, the navigation on the Whiteboard App’s infinite workspace is simple with pinch and zoom actions. 

The Whiteboard App also includes convenient teaching tools that enhance productivity and collaboration opportunities. Teachers can easily illustrate an idea with pre-made templates, such as charts, tables, mind maps, and fractions. The Whiteboard App also offers multiple colors and lined background options to aid with writing, and ruler and protractor tools to allow teachers to instantly draw perfect lines and angles. When a lesson or activity calls for multiple students to work on the display together, the Whiteboard App can be easily divided into separate workspaces. 

The new Whiteboard App provides many options for teachers to incorporate external resources. Teachers can quickly and easily insert saved images from the ActivPanel or use the snapshot tool to capture content from other apps and seamlessly incorporate it into the Whiteboard session. The Whiteboard App also includes the ability to link remote storage and email accounts for access to additional resources. Whiteboard session files can be saved directly to the ActivPanel for a later class or can be shared to student devices via Bluetooth™, and exported to a PDF to share with students and peers.